A T for Education provides Assistive Technology & Accessibility Services for students and adults in the education environment as well as the workplace.
Assistive Technology & Accessibility Services:
- Consultation regarding AT use and implementation; Recommendations for AT
- Individual Comprehensive Assistive Technology Evaluations/ Assessments ; AT & AAC
- AT Training ( Individual and Group/PD-See PD Examples Below!)
- Assistance and Support with Funding via Medicaid, grants and other options
- PreK-12, Post-Secondary Services as well as Employment/ Workplace
- Accessibility Audits, Support to meet 508 compliance, website accessibility testing, accessibility repair and implementation
- Demonstrations, Trials & Loans of Various Assistive Technology Solutions
- Assessments/Evaluations for Individuals ( Students and Adults)
- Live Webinars customized to your needs
- Create an AT team in your school! Policy, Process, Forms & Documentation, Training
- Train the Trainer sessions on various AT
- AT in the IEP, writing measurable goals, daily implementation
- Training for student groups and educational teams (professionals or student groups such as Learning Skills Classes or Peer Tutors)
- Training for Schools/ Businesses/ Organizations/Families, Large or Small PD Workshops (Implementing AT in Education, Workplace, Community, Home). Productivity, Access, Independence, Efficiency.
- Services for Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals & Clients
- Services for Disability Coordinators,Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, and HR
- Adaptive Equipment & Technology; Accessible Workstations; Adaptive furniture; modifications; fabrication
- Conferences and Workshops Nationally
- AT Summer Camps for Professionals & Students
- Follow-up Consultation, Maintenance, and Support On-Site and Via Web Conference/ Remote Training
- AT Assessments & Services for Adults, Seniors, and Veterans to Access Home, Community, ADL’s/Independent Living and the Workplace via Access4Employment.
- Services for HR/Business Managers to ensure Access and Compliance
- Examples of Larger Workshops and PD Trainings :
- Universal Design for Learning-Access for All using Assistive Technology
- Intro to Assistive Technology
- iPad Apps for Struggling Readers & Writers (Literacy, Executive Function & Math Support & Access to Curriculum, textbooks and instructional materials)
- Google Chrome Apps & Extensions for Education And Special Education-Support for All Students, Going Google!
- iPad Apps for Executive function, productivity and organization.
- Voice Recognition (Speech to Text)-Free & Paid Options
- Screen Reader Training (JAWS, Window Eyes, NVDA, VoiceOver)
- Magnification Options for Low Vision (hardware, software, apps, devices)
- LiveScribe Audio Recording Note-Taking Pens vs Notetaking Apps
- Read & Write Literacy Software and Read and Write for Google/ Chrome
- Kurzweil, Co-Writer, Snap & Read, and other literacy apps & software options
- Refreshable Braille Display Training (use with the iPad, apps & Voiceover, or use with a laptop and screen reader)
- Free and Low Cost Assistive Technology Tools
- How to Use Bookshare ; Computer/laptop & iPad
- Access to AEM (Accessible Educational Materials)
- iPad apps for Foundational Literacy, Pre-K and Kindergarten
- iPad Apps for Blind and Low Vision Users (Magnification, OCR, CCTV, Navigation & More)
- Training for general use of the iPad and the Accessibility features (iPad 101)
- 503, 504, and 508 Compliance; Website Accessibility; Accessibility Testing & Consultation.
- Live Hands-On Training/ PD, and live interactive webinars are provided nationally and internationally, and can be customized to the specific needs of a school, business or organization. Live individual training can also be provided on site or via distance learning/ meeting online.
- AT for Education also provides Support and Training for Transition to Post-Secondary Education as well as Employment and use of Assistive Technology in the workplace, Community, or Home. Consultation and training are also provided to businesses to make the workplace accessible and meet 503 compliance, as well as 504 and 508 compliance.
Services for Individuals include Assistive Technology Consultation, Assessments, Recommendations, and Training , including access to Education, Transition to Post-secondary options, Employment, the Community and ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living). Hands-on training or Live webinars and distance training is available.
Assistive Technology Services for Schools and Districts
In order to schedule an Assistive Technology evaluation/assessment for a specific student, first the school, agency, individual, or organization needs to:
- Schedule an initial consultation meeting with a professional from AT for Education in person or via conference call. Contact Diana at email@example.com, or call 603-998-4980
- The teachers, related therapists and parents or guardians must fill out our pre-assessment/student information forms. (K-12 Only)
- Upon acquiring a signed release, send AT for Education the student’s IEP and relevant test scores from other assessments (ie: neuropsych, vision, reading, OT/PT etc.). (K-12 Only)
- AT for Education will call the Case Manager, DSS coordinator or director, or Special Ed. Administrator to schedule the AT Assessment, as well as in-school observations and follow-up meetings, training, trials, data collection and support.
- AT for Education provides a thorough written report and will demonstrate all recommendations at a summary meeting, where members can specifically see how to implement/trial the recommended AT. Ongoing support and training is provided.
Teachers, related therapists, case managers and the family are all invited to attend the meetings. Follow-up services are also available at the student’s school, home or at post-secondary institutions or places of employment.
Large or Small Group Professional Development Workshops/Trainings are provided for schools, organizations, businesses, etc. Training is customizeded to the specific needs and requests of the participants, and can be provided as a demonstration or hands-on training. Live Webinars and Distance Training is available and is interactive, as participants can follow along with the instruction provided and ask questions for clarification.
General Questions and Discussions via phone or email are provided at no charge. For specific service quotes and proposals contact us at dp.ATspecialist@gmail.com or call 603-998-4980.
To learn more about why having an AT Assessment is Important, visit this page.