AT Makes UDL Possible for All Learners!
AT for Education is currently scheduling our UDL and AT Summer camps and Workshops as well as our Evaluation and Training Services for 2017-2018 school year! See examples and information below, as well as on our website: ATforED.com
Interwoven throughout the newly reauthorized version of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESSA) are references to an instructional strategy that supporters think has enormous potential for reaching learners with diverse needs…Within the Every Student Succeeds Act, Congress said that states should adhere to principles of Universal Design for Learning throughout teaching and as they develop student assessments. ESSA also says that federal money can be used for technology that supports the strategy!
Universal Design for Learning is for any and ALL students, but how do you include your diverse students and those with disabilities? AT makes UDL possible! Empower your learners to be self-directed and engaged by developing skills and personalizing their learning with the use of AT tools that meet the needs of all learners. Many students and educators don”t even realize the potential and capabilities built-into the devices they already have!
After first issuing 1:1 iPads, laptops and Chromebooks, many schools are now implementing BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) programs that provide more choice for educators and learners. Some are Going Google with Chromebooks and Google Apps for Education (GAFE). How do you support diverse learners on all devices, across curriculum and instruction, using free and low cost Apps & AT solutions?
Our UDL and AT summer camps and workshops are hands-on and developed to meet the specific needs of your staff or students, we present in a UDL fashion, everyone is engaged and included! You choose one full day, 3 days, or a week!
Some Examples of What We Offer:
- Building a Bridge to Learning- How to Engage and Include Diverse Learners on All Devices Across Curricula!
- Chrome as AT-Google Chrome to Support UDL and Personalized Learning, Support for Diverse Learners!
- Apps & AT Across the Curriculum-Engaging & Including Diverse Learners in a UDL Environment, Google & iOS!
- UDL 101- Access, Engage, Express! Building the Learner Profile and Backpack!
- Apps and AT to Support Literacy, Language Development, and AAC!
- Supporting Students with Dyslexia: AT, Accommodations & Literacy Strategies.
- Successful Transition to College: AT, Accommodations & Advocacy!
- AT and Apps to Support your Blind and Low Vision Learners-Access to ALL Content and Learning tools!
- Support Literacy, Access, Executive Function, Math, Physical & Sensory Support, Access to Accessible Worksheets, handouts, textbooks, and More!
Contact AT for Education today to discuss your needs and schedule your professional development or technology camp!
Our Consultants are certified and nationally renowned professionals who travel nationally to provide AT and UDL services.
Information about individual AT Assessments and Evaluations can be found on our website: ATforED.com