IDEA, the Federal Special Education law, provides the following legal definition of Assistive Technology is used to increase, maintain or improve the functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities. Under IDEA assistive technology devices can be used in the educational setting to provide a variety of accommodations or adaptations for students with disabilities. Click here to learn more
Assistive Technology Services for Schools and Districts:
AT for Education provides AT and Educational technology professional development training workshops and webinars for students and staff, see examples here: https://atfored.com/workshops-and-pd-trainings/
In order to schedule an Assistive Technology evaluation/assessment for a specific student, first the school, agency, individual, or organization needs to:
- Schedule an initial consultation meeting with a professional from AT for Education in person or via conference call.
- Contact uss at email@example.com, or call +1-603-998-4980 to discuss your specific needs. An alternative email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A contract will be provided.
- The teachers, related therapists and parents or guardians must fill out our pre-assessment/student information forms.
- Upon acquiring a signed release, send AT for Education the student’s IEP and relevant testing from other assessments (ie: neuropsych, vision, reading, OT, SLP, etc.). (K-12 Only)
- AT for Education will call the Case Manager, DSS coordinator or director, or Special Ed. Administrator to schedule the AT Assessment, as well as in-school observations and follow-up meetings, training, trials, data collection and support.
- AT for Education provides a thorough written report and will demonstrate all recommendations at a summary meeting, where members can specifically see how to implement/trial the recommended AT.
- Free demonstrations and trials are provided.
- Ongoing support and training is provided.
- Teachers, related therapists, case managers and the family are all invited to attend the meetings. Follow-up services are also available at the student’s school, home or at post-secondary institutions or places of employment.
Large or Small Group Professional Development Workshops/Trainings are provided for schools, organizations, businesses, etc. Training is customized to the specific needs and requests of the participants, and can be provided as a demonstration/lecture or hands-on training. Live Webinars and Distance Training (Online learning) is available and is interactive, as participants can follow along with the instruction provided and ask questions for clarification.
General Questions and Discussions via phone or email are provided at no charge. For specific service quotes and proposals contact us at email@example.com or call +1-603-998-4980. You can also use the contact form on our Contact page.
To learn more about why having an AT Assessment is Important, visit the AT Assessments page.