Examples of Larger Workshops and PD (Professional Development) Trainings:
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)-Access, Engagement and Inclusion for All learners using Assistive Technology. (AT Makes UDL Possible!)
- AT & Apps Across the Curriculum-Support Diverse Learners with Google and iOS-All devices, all subjects!
- Build a Bridge to Learning-Include All Learners in a UDL Environment using Free and Low Cost Technology!
- Personalize Learning with AT, Build the Learner Profile, Skills & Technologies for Diverse learners!
- Intro to Assistive Technology (AT 101), from low tech to high tech, what’s available for students of various abilities & disabilities to support access to curriculum & instruction.
- Google Chrome as AT to Support UDL, Google apps and extensions to support diverse learners! Going Google!
- Apps & AT (Assistive Technology) to support students with Dyslexia.
- Combining Strategic multi-sensory literacy instruction with AT to support students with learning disabilities.
- Successful Transition to College-AT, Advocacy and Accommodations. Where to start, Who to contact, What’s available, and How to Access AT & Accommodations in Post-Secondary as well as the workplace. Laws & Differences between K-12 explained.
- AAC and Early Literacy & Language Development (Teach your AAC users to Read and Write).
- iPad Apps for Diverse Learners, Support for Literacy, Executive Function, Sensory (Blind, Low Vision, Deaf or Hard of Hearing) & Math- Free, low cost and paid options, including Built-In accessibility features.
- AEM- Access to Curriculum, textbooks and educational materials using AT. (Accessible formats of all learning materials, including handouts and textbooks).
- Apps and AT to support Executive function, productivity, time management and organization. Including Smart Watches! Wearable technology!
- Voice Recognition, Dictation (Speech to Text)-Free & Paid Options, all platforms & devices.
- AAC 101, research, choosing& exploring apps & dedicated devices, process, acquisition, funding, implementation & training.
- Literacy & Language support for AAC users & those with complex communication needs.
- Switch Access on the iPad, options, settings, switches, access.
- Screen Reader Training (JAWS, Window Eyes, NVDA, VoiceOver).
- Magnification Options for Low Vision (hardware, software, apps, devices.)
- LiveScribe Audio Recording Note-Taking Pens
- Note taking Apps for iPads and Smart Phones, Note taking support on all devices. (laptops, Chromebooks, tablets-audio recording, handwriting conversion to text, support for slow processing & independent note taking).
- Read & Write Literacy Software and Read and Write for Google Training.
- Refreshable Braille Display Training (use with the iPad, apps & Voiceover, or use with a laptop and screen reader).
- Free and Low Cost Assistive Technology Tools and Resources.
- How to Use Bookshare-Computer, Laptop, Chromebook, iPad, & Android.
- Access to Learning Ally, all devices.
- iPad apps for Foundational Literacy & Language, Pre-K and Kindergarten through 2nd grade.
- Apps & AT for related therapists, SLP & OT support.
- iPad Apps for Blind and Low Vision Users (Magnification, OCR, CCTV, text to speech, money & object identification, Navigation & More).
- Training for general use of the iPad or iPhone and the Accessibility features (iPad/ iPhone accessibility 101).
- 503, 504, and 508 Compliance; Website and Documentation Accessibility; Website Accessibility Testing & Consultation, How to make your classrooms, curriculum, websites and campus accessible.
- Smart Home Technology & Voice Control
Live Hands-On Training/ Professional Development workshops (Half-day, Full-Day, after school, or multi-day camps) and live interactive webinars or online courses are provided nationally and internationally, and can be customized to the specific needs of a school, business or organization. Hands-On individual training can also be provided on site or via distance learning/ meeting online. See our AT evaluation page for students or adults in need of individual AT evaluations and recommendations/ reports.
AT for Education also provides Support and Training for Transition to Post-Secondary Education as well as Employment and use of Assistive Technology in the workplace, community, or home. We provide AT evaluations and work with vocational rehabilitation offices and counselors and well as disability support personnel, advisory staff, school counselors, etc.
Consultation and training are provided to businesses to make the workplace accessible and meet 503 compliance, as well as 504 and 508 compliance. See Access4Employment.com
Services for Individuals, families, parents, and children include Assistive Technology Consultation, Assessments, Recommendations, and Training, including access to Education, Transition to Post-secondary options, Employment, the Community and ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living), and Smart Home technology. Hands-on training or Live webinars and distance training is available.
General Questions and Discussions via phone or email are provided at no charge. For specific service quotes, contracts and proposals contact us at email@example.com or call +1-603-998-4980. An alternative email is firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also use our Contact Form on our Contact Page.
To learn more about why having an AT Assessment is Important, visit the AT Assessments page.